Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute (MIC) estimated that the global semiconductor market will reach 475.3 billion U.S. dollars, with an annual growth rate of 10.1% in 2021. Moreover, the two main products driving semiconductor growth are HPC and 5G. In response to this trend, iSTART-TEK (iSTART, TW-6786), a memory testing and repairing technology of EDA tools and IP company, launches a complete solution for HPC memory testing and repairing to satisfy customers in various development requirements for HPC chips.
High-performance computing (HPC) is the ability to process data and perform complex calculations at high speeds. At present, its main applications are science, climate, audio-visual entertainment, artificial intelligence, medical care, and autopilot. The percentage of memory usage in SoC of a HPC is more than 80%. By this meant, the yield rate and controlling of memory significantly affect not only the yield rate of chips but also the competitiveness of the entire SoC.
The impact of memory testing and repairing on cost
In order to meet design requirements of HPC chip developers, iSTART provides a variety kind of design solutions in START™ v2 as following:
- Bottom-up circuit design: Bottom-up circuit effectively reduces the chance of remake, and it can reduce the design time through the design way of time division and labor division.
- Multi-Chain design: Customers can choose testing chain based on their needs, dynamically adjust system power supply, and reduce power supply burden and testing cost.
- Multi-core test: It is suitable for the development of multi-core CPU systems, effectively detecting the correctness of the CPU cache.
- Power-on Testing: It is suitable for systems that need to be turned on and tested, such as automobiles, medical systems, and instruments.
- Dynamic Memory Testing: It is suitable for uninterruptible power system. During system operation, the main control system starts the memory testing.
Accumulated with rich customization experiences, iSTART continues to build its own ecosystem and accurately grasps the pain points of R&D teams via cooperation with strategic partners to develop a complete solution for testing and repairing HPC memory. Additionally, the complete tool functions and reliable technical support have led to markable growth in the number of contract and performance. In summary, iSTART is ready to lead the trend of HPC.